Monday, March 22, 2010

Dawn of Suda


Suda's design came from a doll I built in high school. I had a contest with one of my friends to each try and create the most horrible doll. Her hands and head are clay, the body cloth and the dress was found in a thrift store bin. Her eyelashes are made from an old paintbrush.

My friend's doll wore a pink dress and looked like a toddler who someone had deflated. He kept her in his closet so he wouldn't accidentally see her at night. He wins for horror but over time Suda has cute-ened up. She's extremely difficult to capture but I know it when I see it.

Suda doll: Red clay, acrylic, fabric 16" high. "Family Portrait" Acrylic 6"X9"

--Starchie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a gifted, genius human being

Lois2037 said...

The original doll is really very... um... disturbing.
Love
it!!

David Cousens said...

The Suda on the left is terrifying; she's definitely got cuter over time.

My favourite part of this post was "He kept her in his closet so he wouldn't accidentally see her at night." Brilliant :)

LunaVorax said...

This doll scare the shit out of me, srsly.

MrSeanLane said...

Aw, I appreciate the cuter Suda, but you should post more doll pictures.

Sai said...

Bwahahah gorgeous! :D

Belle said...

Suda is horribly Awsome lol I love both versions AND the story behind it. Wouldn't be great if you could show us the winning doll ? he he he

Am said...

I really don't care about the girl. Can't you see this AMAZING rat ? Omg, look at him, he's so cute, he looks like rats you stunt on sam&max @@ I really love it.