Sunday, April 27, 2008

It Felt Like This...



Would have posted sooner but recovering from either a sinus infection or someone abandoning a sick cat behind my left eye socket. I kept waiting for something unpleasant to boil out of all the holes in my aching skull. The sketch above illustrates the sensation fairly accurately.

The office auction went well. Wake 2 (the mermaid) went to a respected colleague as did Kanutu/Mugato. Of my own pieces Mr Snips was the contested one and made a good showing at the front end of the live bidding. But then pieces by Bill Presing, Ronnie DelCarmen, Nick Sung and Teddy Newton threw the attendees into a bidding frenzy as expected. The auction brought in all that we think we need for creating our space so it's only a matter of time before the cartoon thrones and Victorian animal costumes start arriving in bulk.

--Starchie

12 comments:

Karim said...

You see, I could describe how much I like this one but I can't. No matter what word I use, it'll be an understatement. So there. I have no idea how you did this, and I'm sure the genius behind it all will make my brains leak out of my ears (much like how you felt!).

So there. You made ME sick now. Was it intentional? Some sort of conspiracy? Oh I'll bet it was...You sly, sly dog...*does the evil glare*

*dies with envy at mad drawing skillz*

Vujovic said...

Awesome, Steve. Glad to hear you got better and the auction went good.

Oort said...

It definitely gives me a headache looking at it, but I'm sure that has more to do with the fact that I am in a room with no windows. I knew Mr. Snips would sell well (the monocle told me so). Then again it also told me 5 years from now I would be working at Pixar on the greatest story since The Odyssey…

Stef said...

looks like an old version of the vampire of the spudvision book:
http://www.tantrument.com/books/images/sp-pg001.jpg

Starchie Spudnoggen said...

stef--

It's actually Phantom of the Opera. I have dozens of these drawings. He's one of my default subjects when I'm mindlessly doodling.

Lois2037 said...

Heh... I look like this every morning. The neighbors run inside when I go out to get the paper.

I'm glad the auction went so well, but, really, was there any doubt with all the exceptional artwork that must have been there?

Starchie Spudnoggen said...

Lois B--

I can't find your email address. You can send it to me at stevepurcell@hotmail.com. I want to send you some books. Thanks.

Unknown said...

FREAKIN' SWEEEEEEET!!!!

Erik D. Martin said...

man I bet you get this a million times but man I love your blog! I'm huge fan of Sam and Max/monkey island.

In any case your a huge inspiration- man thanks for having a blog!

Rich said...

LOVE your self-portrait. So cute!

Milenko said...

Awesome works!

Cheers to your skill,

Regards,

MIlenko

Jeff Pidgeon said...

it's only a matter of time before the cartoon thrones and Victorian animal costumes start arriving in bulk.

Ha! Good one.